National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Registered NDIS Provider
COMPACT HOME LIFTS is proud to be a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
As we are an official NDIS provider to qualifying participants, we are approved for the following items under the NDIS:
- Personal mobility equipment
- Home modifications
- Assistance products involving care and/or safety
Our informed and friendly sales staff are happy to assist you with any advice you need regarding our excellent range of mobility products and how we can help you live a more independent and better life.
Our provider number is: 4050024208
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a support program implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) – an independent organisation committed to providing assistance and funding to people living with a disability, as well as their families and carers.
The NDIS is available to people living in Australia under the age of 65 with a significant or permanent disability, and provides the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live as independently and normally as possible.
For more information regarding the NDIS please visit https://www.ndis.gov.au/
How Can the NDIS Help Me?
You may be eligible to have your mobility equipment (lift/elevator) partially or completely subsidised through the NDIS if you are a qualifying participant.
Qualifying participants are:
- ► UNDER the age of 65
- ► Reside in Australia as a:
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Protected Special Category Visa holder
- ■ were in Australia on a Special Category Visa on 26 February 2001 OR had been in Australia for at least 12 months in the 2 years immediately before 26 February 2001 and you returned to Australia after that day
- ► Meet the disability requirements:
- Your impairment/condition is likely to be permanent (life-long)
- Your impairment significantly reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities or perform tasks
- Your impairment affects your capacity for social and economic participation
- You are likely to require support under the NDIS for your lifetime
To see if you meet the access requirements, you can use the NDIS ‘Access Checklist’ which is available on the NDIS website here: https://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist.html
For further information regarding the NDIS and accessing it, what help you can get, examples of services and support, or general information and facts about it, please click the link below:
To speak to a NDIS representative please call 1800 800 110
For more information please call 1800 437 231